Blakes 1 Hour Wallacia Trike Tour
Blake and his companion Michelle were taken on a great 1 hour Trike tour from Penrith to Wallacia, stopping at a park by the river for some photos before returning back to Blakes house.
Originally the region was called Riverview, but later became known locally as Wallace after Robert Wallace who grazed cattle on the 2,000 acres (8.1 km ) that he rented from Sir Charles Nicholson 1st Bt. of Luddenham. His house became the unofficial Post Office from November 1885, situated at the rear of what is now the Wallacia Store and Newsagents. By 1897, a school built in the area was known as Wallace School. When the Post Office became official in November 1905, the G.P.O. named the area Boondah, as the name Wallace was already in use elsewhere in New South Wales. However, local people objected and to retain the link with Wallace, they suggested that the area be called Wallacia. This name was officially approved on 1 June 1906. On 25 March 1908 the John and Ethel Mary (née Murphy) Fowler family moved from Mulgoa where Elizabeth Fowler née Holt had the PO Licence. John Fowler accepted the Wallacia PO licence from 1 April 1908 which has been in continuous Fowler family management for 100 years, celebrated 1 April 2008 .